If you reading this you might be standing in line at local Lowes Foods or Harris Teeter getting some of the southern essentials to surviving a winter storm, bread, milk, and eggs! It’s an exciting time for a lot of families with children who are ready to break out their sleds. Or it could be extremely stressful because you know your home’s roof is one of the most compromised things in your home. As a roofing contractor that sees a lot of roof leak repair from winter storms throughout the Triad, there is more than just the roof that can cause issues. Those beautiful trees become damage causing culprits when winter storms hit. Damage from ice on trees, power lines, with difficult conditions can result in some serious troubles.
What happens if I have a roof leak with snow on my roof?
Do not stress. Which is easy to say as a roofing contractor, however it is stressful as a homeowner. We are professional roofing contractors who see roof leaks daily. Our response to calmly address concerns.
- Take Photos of interior damages – Its important to not skip this step if your have a roof leak or need a roof repair. If you can tell your have water damage on your ceiling, taking photos is the most important step. If you want to make a roofing insurance claim, photos will be needed to help prove your claim.
- Clean up – There will be water inside your home. Maybe sitting on your carpet or flooring. There might be drywall coming down or starting to come down. Or you might have yourself a complete mess with insulation everywhere. With roof leaks this is typical. Again, do not clean up until you have detailed photos… And then get to it Mr or Mrs. Clean!
- Mitigate Damages – Try and move any valuable items away from where the roof leak is occurring. This is where that bucket you thought about throwing away comes in handy, or if you did wishing you would have kept it.
- Call a residential roofing – Most reputable roofing companies will be well educated in how to handle roof leaks like these. Explain the situation that has happened. With snow on your roof currently its not likely they will be able to do much besides removing some of the snow itself to reduce further damages. Depending on your situation and roof, a qualified roofing contractor would be able to access your roof still. Give EcoShield Roofing a call or request a quote to get us out there!
- Do not worry – If you have take photos, cleaned up, and began to try and mitigate future damage, you have done everything you can in moment. Now you just need to be patient and wait for weather to clear up a little. (if a roofing contractor is unable to get on the roof.)
- Insurance Assistance – If you want to file a claim with your insurance carrier, we are here to help! This is the natural next choice to make as a homeowner. Is it enough damage to justify calling insurance or is something that is under your deductible?
Power Outage Numbers
With the potential of losing power its always good to keep these numbers handy for any type of power outages. If you see any power lines that are down please call 911
- Duke Energy (Report outage by texting OUT to 57801, report online or call 800.POWERON)
- Blue Ridge Energy (Report an outage at 800-448-2383)
Emergency Roof Leak Repair
At EcoShield Roofing we offer emergency roof leak repair in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Lewisville, Clemmons, and surrounding areas. With snow on the roof performing an emergency roof leak repair can become costly due to various dangers. There are certain products that work best in certain conditions such as temperature
Residential roof replacement may be required if your current shingles are significantly damaged or very old. If you have missing shingles or the ones left are curled up, then a residential roof replacement is necessary.
Damaged areas of your residential roof will allow rainwater to enter your home. Water leaks are not just an irritating inconvenience but can also cause severe damage to your home and possessions. After all, the roof is your first line of defense against the elements.
You should consider roof replacement if your roof is old and worn out. Most residential roofing lasts about 20 years, and residential roofing in Winston Salem should be replaced after that time to avoid structural damage or leaks.
However, if your residential roof has damage from a recent storm or other events, you may only need to replace certain areas. In this case, residential roof repair is a more affordable and less time-consuming option.
Regardless of your residential roofing needs, residential roofers in Winston Salem are available to help. But when do you know when your roof needs repair or replacement?
Signs that you require a roofing company in Winston Salem:
- Mold growth
- Leaking ceilings
- Impaired insulation
- Rotted/damaged wood
- Missing shingles
- Bald shingles
- Curling or buckling shingles
EcoShield Roofing offers residential roof replacement services that are efficient and affordable. We understand that not everyone can afford to have their entire residential roof replaced at once, which is why we offer multiple options for residential roof replacement and repair.
If you need residential roofers in Winston Salem, call us today for a free estimate! We would be happy to help you assess the damage and determine the best course of action for your home.