Residential Metal Roofing Services
Are you searching for a metal roofing company in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, or High Point, NC? Look no further – EcoShield Roofing is here to help transform your aging, worn-down roof into a beautiful, long-lasting, metal roof.
As one of the most popular roofing options on the market, it’s easy to see why so many people love metal roofing. It’s highly attractive, extremely durable, and utterly impervious to everyday roofing problems such as insects and water. One of the best parts of metal roofing is that it’s not susceptible to burning, so you can worry less about the probability of house fires. With a metal roof protecting your home, you and your entire family can rest easier and enjoy all the beautiful benefits of metal roofing!
When you choose to install a metal roof, you’re not just replacing a roof – you’re investing in a roof that will last you a lifetime. Most manufacturers offer warranties of 50 years or more on metal roofs, so you can count on the reliability and durability of your roof for years to come!
At EcoShield Roofing, we understand how important it is to have a reliable roof you can count on for your home and your family. That’s why we offer a broad scope of metal roofing services, ranging from roofing repairs to installation, so you can have the incredible roof you’ve always wanted.
What are the Pros and Cons of Metal Roofing?
As Winston-Salem roofing contractors, we understand selecting roofing material is a big decision. Before choosing the right material for your needs, it’s essential to have all the facts beforehand so you make the best investment for your home and your wallet. When it comes to residential roofing, we take the time to inform our customers about our roofing services, installation tactics, and materials, so you feel confident in your roofing decision for the next 50 years.
Advantages of Metal Roofs
When it comes to residential roofing in Winston-Salem, one of the best options for a roof replacement is a metal roof. Metal roofs can provide you with plenty of long-term benefits, including:
- In terms of strength, a metal roof is one of the best for withstanding the elements. Metal roofs can endure winds up to 140 miles an hour without cracking or rusting and are fairly impact-resistant, depending on the metal you use. Furthermore, metal roofs don’t need regular maintenance – so long as you give your roof regular inspections throughout the year, it’s easy to check on the status of your metal roof.
- A metal roof is truly designed to go the distance. Most metal roofs can last between 50 to 70 years, depending on the materials used. Meanwhile, asphalt roofing materials will have an estimated life expectancy of 12 to 20 years. That means if you choose a metal roof, it’s yours for a lifetime! Plus, the longer your roof lasts, the less waste you will produce, so it’s a more sustainable choice for your home as well!
- Environmentally Friendly
- At EcoShield, our work is driven by our desire to protect your home and our environment. As a material, metal roofing uses between 25-95% recycled content, depending on the type of metal you choose, and are 100% recyclable by the end of their life. On the other hand, shingles waste contributes to the waste stream of up to 8.8 million tons a year and takes up to 300 years to decompose. With a metal roof, you never have to compromise between strength and sustainability. The recycled materials mean you can make a positive impact on our environment while protecting your home!
- Metal roofs come in various materials, ranging from steel, aluminum, copper, and so many others! Each of these materials can be crafted to imitate other roofing styles, such as traditional shingles or tile, so you can have the roof you’ve always wanted and still maintain the charm of traditional roofing shingles.
- In terms of safety, metal roofs are one of the best on the market, providing the additional peace of mind you need when it comes to your home and family. A metal roof won’t ignite into flames in a lightning strike or wildfire and is resistant to flames. Now, you can always feel great about the security of your roof!
- Energy Efficiency
- Metal roofs are designed to reflect solar heat, reducing your overall cooling costs between 10-25% – savings that truly pack a punch when they matter most. These long-term cost savings are incredibly helpful in protecting your home and your wallet.
Disadvantages of Metal Roofs
Like all roofing materials, there are a few drawbacks to the strength and durability of metal roofing – however, it’s essential to keep in mind the long-term benefits of metal roofing as well.
- Roofs made from metal can be noisy, especially during hail storms or heavy rain. However, you can typically install extra installation to help combat these noises. It all depends on your personal preference!
- Higher Cost
- Buying a metal roof can cost two or three times more than other roofing materials because metal roofing takes more time to construct. However you plan on calling this your forever home, a metal roof is something worth splurging on since its average lifespan is 50 years!
- Contraction and Expansion
- If your roofing materials are connected to large panels, these materials can contract and expand over time – and this is a possible risk for metal roofing. If not correctly installed using fasteners that allow the metal to breathe, the panels may become loose, which can be costly to repair. If you choose to install metal roofing, it’s essential to work with reliable residential roofers that can help combat the contraction and expansion of your roof in no time. At EcoShield Roofing, we take the time to ensure
Ask Residential Roofers in Winston-Salem if A Metal Roof is Best For You
Compared to slate or tile roofs, metal roofing is more durable, lightweight, and beautiful, thanks to the range of materials available. With so many types of metal to choose from, the sky’s the limit for your metal roof!
At EcoShield Roofing, we believe in creating innovative roofing solutions, so our customers feel great about the longevity and quality of their roof for years to come. When you choose EcoShield, you’ll have reliable residential roofing contractors who care about the impact and safety of your roof. We don’t just want to fix the roofing damage – we want to provide you with a more reliable solution that gives you peace of mind about your family and the environment. If you have more questions regarding installing your roof, take a look at our Roofing FAQs for more insight into the installation and service process.
Does a Metal Roof Cost More than a Shingle Roof?
One of the most common questions we’re asked by our customers is whether or not metal roofing costs more than shingle roofing. The answer is yes – however, the reason isn’t what you’d expect! Because there is such a wide range of metal roofing styles to choose from, all metal roofs have different price points, so it’s important to consider what type of metal roof you want before installation.
There are many types of metal roofing styles to choose from, ranging from metal shingles to standing seam metal roofs. While all of these are unique, they’re all incredibly different when it comes to price, so you’ll have to research and plan accordingly based on your budget.
In most instances, you can expect to pay between $7.00 to $10.00 per square foot for metal shingles, which are typically more affordable than metal roofs which can cost up to $12.00 per square foot. Depending on the style there are also standing seam roofs which are around $9.00 to $12.00 per square foot. As you can see, the cost of a metal roof can add up quickly – however, the durability, longevity, and sustainability of your roof is worth the investment for many.
How much does Metal Roofing cost for a 2000 sq ft house?
If you live in a larger home, it’s no secret that you’ll have to consider the increased square footage that comes with a roof replacement. Installing a metal roof on a house of this size typically costs an average of $9,888. Many homeowners will pay anywhere between $5,224 and $14,579. However, these prices vary based on the roof style, material, and labor costs in the area. A standing seam style will cost around $7 to $14 for every square foot, while granular-coated units and modular press-formed panels are approximately $8 to $10 for every square foot. Before installing your metal roof, consult with your roofing contractor to see which style is best for your home and personal preference.
Can a Metal Roof impact cell phone reception?
While there are plenty of benefits of installing a metal roof, one of the drawbacks to consider is that it can weaken cell reception in your home. In general, if you already have poor cell reception inside your home, this can result from a cumulative effect of all the materials used to build your home. If you reside in a rural area or already have slow and troublesome internet connections, then it’s important to discuss the impact a metal roof can have on your cell phone service.
Does Metal Roofing interfere with Wifi?
While some people may worry about how metal roofs can affect their Wi-Fi signals at home, the connection between wireless signals and metal roofs is complex. While yes, a metal roof can disrupt your wireless connections, it’s not the only reason for interruptions. There’s a combination of various factors that may impact your cell phone reception and internet browsing.
It’s important to remember that metal can be a great choice of material for your roof, however, you must do your research before committing to a particular kind of metal. While it has plenty of benefits, it’s important to consider all possible factors, such as budget, materials, and the scope of the project before starting.
Why Work with Local Roofing Contractors in Winston-Salem?
As local roofing contractors, we don’t just take the security and safety of your roof seriously – we also care about the impact your roof has on the environment! At EcoShield Roofing, we believe in taking additional measures to preserve and protect your roof, your home, and the Earth. We follow the most sustainable and environmentally safe roofing practices, so you can have a roof you feel great about and rely on!
EcoShield believes in sharing everything we can about us as a company, including our values. When it comes to metal roofing, and all other roofing services, you can count on us to be:
- Everything we do is driven by our desire to do better, both for you and for the Earth. Our integrity, honesty, and ethical responsibility to our customers and the Earth is the core of our company. Doing our best means being transparent every step of the way.
- Once we start a project, we’re committed to completing it as efficiently as possible. A damaged roof shouldn’t take weeks to complete. When you choose EcoShield, we promise to complete your project in the time frame we promised.
- At Ecoshield, we take the time to ensure your roof is repaired with the best materials, and there is support in place to keep your roof from being compromised. We’re very observant of the state of your home, and leave it exactly how we found it.
If you’re ready to enjoy the beauty, sustainability, and unique appearance of metal roofing, contact us today for your free residential or commercial roofing estimate, or give us a call at 336-560-9980! We’re excited to see how we can help provide you with the roof of your dreams!