Roofing Insurance Claims
Reliable Roofing Insurance Assistance
At EcoShield Roofing, we understand that filing an insurance claim can be confusing and even quite stressful. Paperwork filled with industry jargon isn’t easy to understand during a difficult time for your home and family. Luckily, our team is ready and willing to assist you during the insurance claims process.
When the time comes to file your roofing insurance claims, our team’s industry knowledge can help you understand what to expect before, during, and after filing your claim. We’re by no means experts, but we make it our mission to use our roofing knowledge to simplify the claims process for our clients, so you get enough coverage to pay for repairs. Don’t let your roofing insurance claim overwhelm you. Together, we can navigate the paperwork and repair your roof in no time.
At EcoShield, being economically minded and fair to our clients is a vital part of our business. One of our founding principles is to be financially honest with our clients and to provide the best service possible at an affordable price. Our goal is to help you before, during, and after your roofing experience, so you feel confident in your brand new roof. That shouldn’t come with a costly price tag or complex insurance claims.
If you need assistance filing your roofing insurance claims or have any questions regarding roof repairs, please feel free to contact our office. Unlike other roofing companies, we aren’t here to push a sale – we care about the integrity and health of your home. If we happen to be the right fit for your roof repair needs, we look forward to working with you! Nothing brings us more joy than repairing your roof and providing the peace of mind your family deserves!
Roofing Claims FAQ's
Who do I contact after I discover the roof damage?
First, check that everyone in your home is safe! Afterward, contact your claims office. Depending on the damage and length of your project, we suggest reaching out to roofing contractors immediately after filing your claim.
Sometimes, there are “Storm Chasers” waiting at your door to provide services after severe weather damage, but it’s best to remember that adjusters have a schedule and timeline, and so do you. An honest contractor understands these timelines, due dates and gives you fair estimates from the start.
Will my insurance rates be impacted?
Your insurance rates may not go up after filing a roofing insurance claims depending on your policy and insurance provider. About 99% of hail and wind damage is a no-fault claim that does not negatively impact your insurance, which is commonly referenced as an “Act of God.”
Our team always asks your agent for a detailed description of your policy before we start our roofing services, so we can find the best solution for your home and your budget.
Should your roofer speak with your adjuster?
If your adjuster requests a roofer not be present during the inspection, we understand. However, at EcoShield, we enjoy being present for multiple reasons:
- It builds a stronger relationship between you, EcoShield, and your insurance company. Your insurance company wants to get ahead of damages like these and is interested in keeping long-term customers, so it’s great if we can be present, to guarantee they see every aspect of the damage. Keep in mind that your adjuster works for the insurance company, so they do have some interest in denying claims. We can help alleviate that friction.
- Having us present means we can guarantee your insurance company is following due diligence. Most adjusters have several meetings in one day, so it’s easy for them to overlook something we wouldn’t.
- Together, we can build the right case for your circumstances. Every roof is different, so some clients need a full replacement, while others only need portions of their roof fixed. Depending on the damage, we will find a solution that works for you.
- We know our industry like the back of our hand. Over the years, we have learned so much about the insurance side of the business. Our team will work hard to get you the most out of your claim.
If we are present during the inspection, we always treat the adjuster with respect and kindness during their assessment. We know it all starts with building the best relationships with the adjuster, and we will do everything we can to make sure you get the money owed to your insurance claim.
My first insurance check was less than I expected; why?
The first check you receive is for the Actual Value (AV), which is what your insurance values your roof. This value will most likely have your deductible subtracted out of the benefit payment. (For example: Your deductible if $500.00, AV is $2,500.00 your check is $2,000.00.)
The second check from your insurance company is sent once your contractor completes the job and the roof is replaced or repaired. This check is based on the Replacement Value (RV) in your supplement summary.
What if my roofing estimate is different from the insurance estimate?
The best thing to do is ask for a detailed estimate from the roofer so you can compare it with your insurance summary sheet. Also, use your summary sheet to ask your roofer questions regarding material and labor costs. It’s essential to get an accurate estimate from your roofing contractor before service, so you know the kind of work to expect moving forward.
Hail damage to vents can cause improper ventilation which shortens the life of a shingle roof.
Hail damage on soft metals.
At EcoShield, We Value Your Business
We understand that roofing insurance claims can be complicated. Rather than feel overwhelmed and go through the process alone, our team is here to help. We believe in putting our customers’ interests first and will do everything we can to guide you throughout the process.
At EcoShield, we believe in:
- Always doing the right thing.
- Never taking shortcuts.
- Speed and Efficiency – in our estimates, installation, and service.
- Knowledge – we’re always eager to educate our clients, and ourselves
- Taking care of each other.